Cape Cod has high standards for development, but that does not mean there are no business-ready sites! Several commercial real estate experts are available to assist. You can contact Cape Cod Chamber CEO Wendy Northcross for personalized and confidential assistance.
Business Ready Sites
Growth Incentive Zones with a streamlined regulatory process that provides additional, flexible tools for permitting development:
- Downtown Hyannis (approved)
- Route 28, Yarmouth (approved)
- Buzzards Bay, Bourne (approved)
Pre-permitted, or development agreement exists with town/Cape Cod Commission:
- Barnstable Municipal Airport (final approval pending)
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Center (final approval pending)
Smaller than pre-permitted sites, but identified by the town/Cape Cod Commission as suitable for commercial & industrial use:
- Route 132, Hyannis
- Independence Park, Hyannis
- Falmouth Industrial Park
An area of a community that meets at least 70% of the criteria of a SmarterCape Village (click here for entire list) and has been proposed by a town for this designation. Current, no villages have been approved for this designation.
A cultural district is a specific geographical area of a town that has a concentration of cultural facilities, activities and assets. It is a walkable, compact area that is easily identifiable to visitors and residences and serves as a center of cultural, artistic and economic activity. Learn more about the designation here.
Cape Cod’s districts are:
- HyArts Cultural District (Hyannis)
- Glasstown Cultural District (Sandwich)
- Orleans Cultural District (Orleans)
- Barnstable Village Cultural District (Barnstable)